Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The idea behind Let's Review...


Hello world.

Well, I should start by telling you how I came up with the idea for the blog I suppose.
My name is Linda and I very recently got laid off from my last job as an International Marketing Coordinator. While talking over this type of scenario with my boyfriend he told me that he learned from some business book once that when you think about a situation you should also consider "what is the worst that can happen and what will I do about it?" I then decided that in the case of a lay off I would go to school full time and finish earlier.

Well, clearly the situation did occur and I went into "fix it" mode. I have enrolled at Suffolk University full time so I can finish out my GlobalMBA by May. I also moved into a very quaint and quiet apartment in Newton Corner and had I not had this free time I would still be tripping over boxes and be unhappy that two weeks later it looked like I just moved in.

Today I was sitting out on my "porch" and was reading something for class. As it usually happens, if I am reading about something completely general that I don't see will necessarily benefit me, my mind begins to wander.

As I was reading about the auto industry I somehow wandered upon the idea that I should once again start a blog. I had previously blogged about my year in Spain during my undergrad studies at Northeastern University but this time I knew it had to be something more. Out of nowhere I came up with the title "Let's Review" and decided that I would review the places I visit, eat out at, drive through and frequent on a daily basis.

So, I hope you will enjoy my reviews and I truly look forward to your comments and any suggestions you may have about what I should review next.

Look forward to the first review coming soon!

Linda

3 comments:

  1. Hey, cool! Welcome back to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee. I figure now that I have time to do what I want I should get back to one of my favorite things, writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un tev loti labi iznaak, ta ka turpini to dariit, uzraksti mazliet par baletu un sliktam crabkakam :-)

    ReplyDelete