Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Hatch Awards. Seaport World Trade Center, Boston, MA


It's fall and I think it's time to highlight some events!

The 49th Hatch Awards happened on October 6th at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston.
I have fallen into quite a fantastic group called the Ad Club, a big thanks to Suffolk University and one of their networking events.

This is the second event I have volunteered at with the Ad Club.  Unfortunately at the first I was unable to see the finished product due to other obligations but I was extremely excited to see the Hatch Awards through the end.



I, along with several other volunteers, came by at 10am and began helping out with getting the venue set up for the evening.  It of course took a lot of manual labor but I've realized that, if given the chance, event planning and set up is definitely the side of advertising that I would seriously like to explore.  We all assisted in getting the goodie bags made and made sure that the winning art work was hung up correctly.


Eventually, my time for the day was up and I rushed home to change and be ready for the evening. When I arrived it looked like more help was needed so I helped out with registration until one of my fellow volunteers came and we then decided to really enjoy the night.


The amount of people that showed up was incredible.  The night started off with cocktails and was followed by watching the Boston University drum line kick off the awards show.  There were a number of unique categories and student awards to be handed out, Arnold Worldwide and Hill Holiday, were of course among the biggest winners of the night.



The night finished up with more cocktails and "street food" to follow in the urban themed night.

Overall, this was once again a fantastic event and great opportunity.


So...let's review...
1. If you are looking for some great event planning/coordinating experience look into volunteering for the Ad Club or any other organization to get a better feel for the industry
2. There is always time to attend a fantastic event such as the Hatch Awards, so throw on your heels or a nice pair of slacks and put yourself out there!

Until the next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment