Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cardio Blitzed. Liberty Hotel, Boston, MA

Let me just start off by saying that I have never sweat this hard and for so long!
I was sitting and looking through the Improper Bostonian magazine as I waited for my Thursday classes to begin.  After finding some delicious holiday cookie recipes I looked at the upcoming events and saw that the Liberty Hotel was holding some fall fitness classes taught by Equinox trainers! There was one today, Cardio Blitz, that I decided I had to go to.
I e-mailed my friend Lara and told her we had an event to attend.  There are actually a number of complimentary events at the Liberty Hotel that one can attend.


We arrived at the hotel at around 9:30 and were greeted by Chrys, our trainer for the day.  The hotel was kind enough to provide everyone with some water and towels.

As more people showed up Chrys told us that we would start off the class with some laps around the top level of the hotel.  How exciting!

After about an hour of running, squatting and doing push ups I could not have been more energized for the day.  Chrys taught an excellent class and I found myself wishing that my local BSC gym had a similar class.  As we walked out we all got a free 3 day trial card to the Equinox gym!  So far, the two classes I've taken with the trainers from that gym I've been blown away by their level of expertise.

So...let's review...
1. If you are feeling the recession, look around, there are tons of great free events to par take in
2. If you are not feeling the recession, join the Equinox gym, I am convinced that the classes alone are worth the money.
3. Want to get in on the action?  Join me at the lululemon store at the Prudential tomorrow for a sport pilates class tomorrow at 9:30!

Until the next review! (It will be from California!)

No comments:

Post a Comment