Sunday, November 8, 2009

Early Bird Get's to Enjoy a Yoga Class. Lululemon, Boston, MA.

As I mentioned in last weeks review, lululemon at the Prudential Center is holding weekend classes at their wonderful store.  The location itself is pretty exquisite, in the new wing of the Prudential, right across from Legal Seafoods, and right above Gucci.  Can it get any better? 

When I walked in this morning around 9am there were already some people set up with their mats for the Vinyasa yoga class being taught by Sarah Sturges from the Equinox gym.  As I walked around, I didn't feel like I was in a typical gym or yoga store.  There was a map where people had pinned where they were from, a lovely filtered water fountain for the customers to enjoy and an extremely comfortable leather chair for those who needed to take a little break. 


The walls were adorned with mannequins modeling the different work out pants which were organized in an extremely neat manner down below.  There was even a big flip book on the wall of nearby yoga studios, restaurants promoting healthy eating as well as some snapshots of celebrities practicing a healthy lifestyle.  You could also learn a little bit more about the founders of lululemon and the people working at the Prudential store.  There were so many great clothes that I would love to own that I was glad that I had not brought any money with me because the cozy sweat pants for apres ski lounging were really calling my name.


As the store filled up with over 30 early birds ready for the Vinyasa yoga class Sarah explained that while going though the movements we should focus on one thing that we'd like to attain once we leave the class.  It did not need to be something with a goal attached to it, just something we can work towards.


As the class began I found myself wondering if yoga was really for me.  I couldn't detach myself from my thoughts about several trips I would be taking in the next few weeks, all of the work I had to get done and on it went...I found myself just watching a woman next to me, as I have never been to a yoga class before, and went through the movements.  As the time ticked away I did catch myself not really thinking about anything, which is really rather pleasant.  We did several vinyasas and as the class came to an end I was still unsure of whether this really is for me...  I walked to my car which was parked in front of the Lenox Hotel and found myself really at peace.  People were walking through Boston, enjoying some brunch and perhaps one of our last warm weekends.

Yoga may not be something I do on a regular basis but I do think that it would certainly calm anyone after a stressful day or allow you to start your day on a more positive note.

So...let's review...
1. if you are looking for some great yoga apparel lululemon should be on your list of places to check out
2. yoga may not be for everyone but everyone could benefit from some stress release in their lives
3. be sure to check out the lululemon website to see if there are any upcoming classes you would be interested in

And before we end this review, Janice Thompson, the director of institutional advancement at the Athenaeum was kind enough to offer some correction to last weeks review.
I just wanted to clarify a few facts for your readers:


You are absolutely right; you do not need to know anyone within the Library to join. Membership fees are: $115 for an individual under the age of 41, $175 for a family membership for those under the age of 41; $230 for regular individuals and $275 for regular families. If anyone is interested, please contact Karen Beach at 617-720-7641 for more information about membership.


The First Mondays orientations and the biweekly teas -- as well as a whole slate of other programming -- are only available for members of the Library. However, the public may take docent-led art and architecture tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3 pm. Call 617-227-0270, extension 279, to register.

Thank you very much, Janice!

Until the next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment