Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Woody's Club. Boston, MA

I know, I only do one of these a week but since the chances of me blogging while I'm actually away are slim here's another look at some other places in Boston.

I was going to meet my friend Adam in the city for a quick dinner and figured I'd take this chance to take a walk through the Prudential and stop in some stores and eventually stop at Barnes and Noble to see if there were any good books on Brazil.  After not having too much luck at Anne Taylor and Anne Taylor Loft I stopped in at Club Monaco.  Amazing sale on coats!  And when I say amazing I mean coats that cost over $300 cost $69. And did I mention that students get 20% off even the sale items?  Who could ask for more?  Unfortunately, the coat I liked was slightly too short but I'll know to go in there more from now on!


I took a loop and walked into Barnes and Noble and that's when my friend called me.  As I walked out I saw something amazing again.  Lauren Conrad signing her L.A. Candy book on the 5th...you know where I'll be!

We walked over to Woody's Grill & Tap on Hemenway.  While attending Northeastern I walked by this place quite often and always wondered what it was like inside and if the food was good.  If the smell was any inclination at all it must be fantastic.  Since graduating I've now been here twice in about 5 months.


The smell as you walk in is even better than from the outside.  The brick oven pizza, especially the buffalo, is amazing but you absolutely must try the spinach gnocchi, it is to die for.  So after having this deeelicious appetizer we both ended up getting the chicken sandwich and salad instead of the fries. Once again, trying to tell myself that grilled chicken and salad is better than a burger and fries.  Gotta stay in shape before I hit the beaches in Brazil! 


I have to say that this Wednesday was a pretty good one!

So...let's review...
1. Looking for fashionable steals?  Head to Club Monaco and if you're a student, whip out your ID for extra savings!
2. Looking to meet a celebrity in the new year?  Get Lauren Conrad's new book signed by her on the 5th of February.
3. If you are at Woody's, please try some gnocchi.

Until the next review!
(Don't forget to follow me on Twitter for other updates, budget friendly activities and event information) 

2 comments: