Thursday, January 28, 2010

The New Champions. Copley Marriott, MA

No, I'm not talking about the future champions of the Winter Olympics but instead the swanky new Champions bar and restaurant that is the outcome of the huge remodel project in the Copley Marriott.  I actually wasn't even aware that they moved, all I knew was that Starbucks was now in a new spot.

I decided to go into the city today to see if I could pick up a shirt I liked from Arden B and I wanted to meet up with my "brother" Adam for lunch before he leaves for Seattle again.  I wasn't too hungry, as per usual, and the food court wasn't really calling our name.  Adam suggested going to Champions so we were on our way.  I thought we'd have to go back outside into the snowy mess but was pleasantly surprised to see that the bar had moved to the upstairs area of the Marriott.  I had never been to the old location but really love the new one.

There are TONS of TV's for the men to watch any and all ESPN channels, there is even a giant screen onto which they project football games.  There is also more than enough people watching you can do, I'd suggest sitting in the main bar area.
 
If you are looking for a wide selection of beer in the middle of the mall, once again, this is the place to be.  As for food, they have the regular bar food, such as nacho's pretzels, sliders, onion rings, the list goes on.  You can also have a healthy salad or soup if you're still sticking to your new years resolution!


I opted for the award wining clam chowder, which I did enjoy...although I wish it was a little creamier and denser, but the taste was great.  Adam ordered some soft pretzels for us to share and chicken fingers for himself.  When the meal came out I was very happy I didn't order more food.  Each pretzel was larger than our heads, so needless to say, you get a lot of food for your buck.


So...let's review...
1. Is you guy looking to catch up on some sports while you shop?  Drop him off at Champions
2. You may also be the designated driver due to the extensive beer list from which your guy may pick from while watching his sports sports sports
3. While you wait for a game to end, grab some grub.  You won't pay too much but you'll certainly walk away satisfied and full.  Enjoy!

Until the next review

No comments:

Post a Comment