Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Outside the Quaker state. Syracuse, NY

This weekend I found myself on a visit to Syracuse.  One of my favorite parts was seeing a lot more snow than here in Mass.

Valentines day happened to fall on the same day as a very important basketball game and hence some sort of festivity had to take place, preferably in a bar, with plenty of chairs and tables and most definitely TV's.  Apparently the Quaker Steak and Lube wing restaurant has expanded to the Syracuse region.  The name sounded familiar but I couldn't remember why. As we drove off the off ramp I remembered that many years ago during a road trip with a couple of friends we happened to stop at the original Quaker Steak and Lube in Pennsylvania.  If you are looking for some hot hot wings then you should google this place and drive on over. Careful, there is a Lube sauce so hot that you need to sign a waiver!  The walls and ceiling were adorned with motorcycles, snow mobiles and other "manly" things.

After having the O-Ring Ontenna, an antenna with onion rings and pretzels along with some mozzarella sticks and fried pickles; I ordered The Boneless wing salad to keep things on the light side.  It came with some chicken that you could order in any level of hotness, I went with the Cajun and although the rub was spicy I know I could have gone higher on the Scovile Heat Unit scale.

No doubt, you must be looking for beer.  NO worries, you can either order a bucket of 5 beers for $10 or a so called "Lube Tube" which gives you about 12-14 beers.
On your way out, don't' forget to take a picture in their "bucket of fun" poster! You'll know what I mean...

So...let's review...
1. Check out the Quaker Steak and Lube website to see if there is one nearby and drop by for some wings and beer.
2. Have enough men with you? Order them the Lube Tube!
3. If you plan on having the Atomic wings, maybe you should order a glass of milk.

Until the next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment