Thursday, December 3, 2009

Losing Sleep Over Fashion. Liberty Hotel, Boston, MA.

I had heard about the Fashionably Late Thursdays at the Liberty Hotel but also knew I have class on those days.  As I was sitting in Panera this morning, my home away from home, I saw that there was a special style section in the New York Times about Tom Ford.  As I was reading about his new endeavors I decided I couldn't miss my chance at seeing a Betsey Johnson fashion show tonight.

I skipped out of class a little early and began circling Charles Street looking for parking, I lucked out and found a spot a block up from the hotel.


I walked in and the hotel was more or less packed, as expected, but thankfully there was no line out the door quite yet. The inside was decorated for the holidays with upside down Christmas trees hanging from the ceiling.  I grabbed a drink and found a seat in a great comfy white leather chair.  There was another event going on on the top floors but the models were to walk above us and then up the escalator.

The show began a little after 10pm to a Michael Jackson tune.  The dresses were fantastic, pink with glitter!  What girl wouldn't love a cocktail dress like that?

I watched the models do their thing while everyone else snapped pictures, probably for the local magazines, and then slipped out.

This was a great experience to see the latest dresses from a well known and hip designer.  I can't wait for the next fashion show but more importantly for cocktails at Clink tomorrow!

So...let's review...
1. Yes, I might be in love with the Liberty Hotel and their events, but who doesn't like complimentary fashion shows and cocktails during this down market?
2. Keep a look out for other recession proof events through yelp.com, or lola magazine and other free magazines around town.
3. Looking for other great events at the Liberty Hotel? Go to their hotel affairs page.

Until the next review!

(And, you can follow me on twitter for more up to date event details.)

1 comment: